Today I rushed to go check them out, with instructions from my cousin and a friend to let them know how they fit.
So I tried on the Heatwave Beach Bikini...here's what I thought:
- I loved the way the bottoms fit, would make for a great sporty bikini
- They are all reversible, this one's solid white on the other side....there's also black/print, grey/pink options
- I love the print
- The bottoms...in true lulu style....have a tiny pocket in the back to stash a key or something
- The website claims this model is a 34D...and is wearing the size 6.....now I'm a 34B-Cish... and tried on the 6....and the triangles on the top left me feeling like I would slip a nipple at annnny second
- I tried one-upping the size for bigger cup options...but then the band becomes too large...while you can adjust the fastening to a smaller diameter, when you do this it became bulky seeming in the back
- The tiny pocket on the bottoms is on the white side, and so when you reverse to the print side you get a bulge where the pocket is... since it has like a plastic clip thing
- Considering how sporty the bottoms are... I would have expected the top to be more activity friendly...probably only if you're mostly flat chested
The it's a cinch dress *jacuard.... was it worth the 88bucks... hopefully (must develop more self restraint)
And as for bikini's I went over to H&M next... after seeing ads for $5.95 bikini tops and bought this one
The top was 12.95 and the bottoms 5.95.... so very fun for a bra-like bikini... but it's nude... so I'll definitely have to get a bit more tanned before I wear it... Hopefully my bottle of Jergens Natural glow can get me a head start.
That's all for now... 10km in 3 weeks (eeek) and Italy 2 days later.... can't wait!