As we're right at the 6 month point, I thought I'd give you all a recap of where I am on the list.
- Run a half marathon - Ok so I've done a 10km this summer, and the spartan race, but looks like the half marathon will have to be the last chance one in November...before winter sets in in full.
- Donate blood again - have donated a couple times to science... but as for to blood services canada, will have to wait another 3 months before it's been long enough since the tattoo.
Get a new camera-Done! Got a sweet Fujifilm water proof one, a great choice for taking it with you hiking, swimming, everywhere! Took it out for the first time here.
- Take an art or photography class - haven't done this one yet.... need to get on it!
Go camping-Done! we went the Canada day long weekend, right after I got back from Colorado, and before going to Hawaii...it was muddy! Visit 5 new places- O'ahu and Maui, Hawaii; Sorrento and Amantea, Italy; Aspen, Collorado; Chicago, Illinios
- Host a breakfast, lunch and
dinner- gotta get on these... Had Kev and a friend over for dinner back in July, made an awesome chicken stir fry.
- Get a first author paper - Not yet, gotta get that DSS paper out asap.
- Go trail riding- We thought about doing this in Hawaii, maybe in the fall?
- Adopt a kitten - How badly do I want a pet....soooo bad, but still can't have one in my apartment.
Learn to bake with yeast- Check! even if it is via a bread maker! I've been using it just to do the dough cycle and been making some awesome buns and rolls. One makes an appearance here.
- Knit and donate 5 sweaters - haven't even started on this one... I do most of my knitting in the winter anyways.
Try a fun hair colour- done! dip dyed the ends of my hair (much to my mother's dismay) teal back in June
- Write my thesis proposal, get it approved - We're getting there on this one, have a solid draft going (14 pages single spaced)
- Take a dance class...hip hop? - Planning on signing up for one or two in the fall (funds pending)
- Scramble 5 mountains - ok this guy... clearly had no idea how hard this would be, instead I'm committed to 5 serious hikes, Did one in Colorado to the Lake of America, did one in our lab up to Old Goat Glacier, did 3 in hawaii - Manoa Falls in Honolulu, Iao Valley in Maui, and the Bamboo Forrest hike at the end of the road to Hana in Maui (two of the hawaii ones were easy-ish, so I'd like to add at least one more.
- Watch a sunrise - got a couple sunsets under my belt... going to have to have the boy take me out for this one.
- Visit a museum - Surprisingly didn't do any museums in Italy this time.
- Make a quilt - I have the shirts ready, and the interfacing... need to get going on this.
Float the bow- Floated the elbow river on July 22...sooo much fun, such a beautiful day.
- Make my own bath bombs - coming up soon!
Get a tattoo- got my very first tattoo on May 19... on my ribs, it hurt like heck!
- Read 20 new books - I'm at seven new books... probably re-read 10 old books at least as well.
- Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity - Signed up to volunteer at a build in Sept. I can't wait!
- Print more photos - From traveling sooo many places this summer, I certainly have lots of photos to print.