- First thing you do when you wake up in the morning: Apart from lingering in my bed for as long as I possibly can...brush my teeth, I hate tasting my own mouth in the morning.
- First thing you reach for when you open the fridge: If I’m being good the Brita filtered water (nice and cold, no tap, luke cold water for this girl)...If I’m being not so good, cheese of some variety.
- First things you do when you go to the gym: Treadmill (unless I ran to the gym) even if I don’t run more than a mile, it’s good to get your muscles warmed up before you get to anything else.
- First thing you do you when you get home from work: Pants off, comfy pants/shorts on!
- First car: I drove my parent’s Neon, and then the Mazda...and then because they spoil me they bought me the pretty blue civic which I currently drive and adore.
- First car accident / traffic violation: I got a speeding ticket in a work truck one summer on the highway (was literally only going 15km over, and he got me just past the sign where it dropped from a 90 to a 70). Never driven in an accident, but have been a passenger in one (terrifying!).
- First thing you wanted to be when you grew up: Used to want to be a vet...until I learned that I would have to put animals to sleep.
- First choice beverage: Ok, let’s be honest...I like Coca-Cola....Like in a I crave it every now and then kind of way. But I don’t allow myself to buy it/keep it in my apartment. Usually I’m just a water girl.
- First choice breakfast: One day I’ll get to go to Denny’s again, and get those potatoes....there’s a story here where 3 weekends in a row I got my hopes up and was denied (not fun on a hangover).
- First choice dessert:Vanilla ice cream with hot apple pie.
- First song that comes to mind: I’ve got an Adele song in my head... don’t know which one.
- First major purchase: I don’t know here.... um I had to spend 400bucks at once on maintenance on my car....it was a devastating day for me. But all my major purchases are flights!
- First job: I tutored Kumon math after school to primary aged kids...wasn’t a huge fan because you had to stop the kids from counting on their fingers (the way I learned basic adding and subtracting).
- First time you flew on a plane: I was only a couple weeks old... my dad’s a pilot and he flew us (me him mom) up to the Sault to visit the rest of my family when I was a wee little baby, and we were living in Southern Ontario.
- First real "big girl" job: I am a grad student....so getting a ‘big girl’ job is something for waaaay down the line...but really I want to stay in academia forever, and never have to do that.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
OK... I'm waiting to meet with my supervisor, and I saw this was going around on blogs today (from Lacey at The Next Chapter) and thought oooh sounds like fun. So here's 15 firsts!