Today I want to talk about why I am participating.
You might notice, to look at me, I'm not particularly what you would call overweight. In fact, I've already received comments in that regard on the website. I am however, a little over what I would consider my ideal weight. Maybe something like 5%. To 'win' at diet bet, you need to lose 4% by the end of four weeks, so that's right in line with what I want.
(Me on the last nice day before winter.)
I've never been particularly weight obsessed at any point in my life. In fact I very rarely weigh myself. This last year however, I have become more involved in having what I would call a healthy/active lifestyle. I began running more, actually working out at the gym (I can lift things up and put them down now!) and eating a much, much healthier diet. I'm glad to have made this change, because lets be honest, as you get older, the metabolism you took for granted in highschool begins to sloooow down.
So why am I DeitBetting?
- To make up for a lazy December followed by Christmas Holidays spent eating everything I could.
- I turn 25, 1 day before the weigh out. I want to be in my best physical condition before I enter the next quarter century of my life.
- To get into a fitness routine that will hopefully carry on well past the end of this adventure.
- I'm going to Mexico in March, and lets be honest, everyone wants to feel beach ready!
- Finally, I want to play along with all the 300+ others who are making commitments to eat cleaner and train harder over the next 4 weeks.
My next post, I want to focus on how I feel about joining this DeitBet thing, which is totally different from why I am doing it!