Having done quite a bit of travelling myself in the last month or so, I thought I'd share with you some of my own list of people I just can't stand at airports.
- They guy who needs to go through the metal detector like 10 times. Oh whats that, I forgot my belt on. Oh you mean this handful of nickles in my pocket will set it off too. Oh yeah car keys duh! Why don't you just do a pat down? Oh you found my under the shirt travel wallet, also full of change, and my cell phone in my pocket? Come on people! We all know how to do the airport security dance: coat, shoes, belt off, pockets empty, and come on! how can a belt even be comfortable on a plane?
- The carry on bag is waaaay too big people. First of all, this goes to all the flimsy armed women out there, if you can`t lift it into the overhead bin yourself, it`s too heavy/big and you have no business wheeling it onto the plane. Second, they have those 'does your bag fit in here' things all over the airport, do us all a favour and check. Third, you already dropped several hundred bucks to be on this plane, not including the 3-4 over priced airport bar drinks you guzzled before boarding. Stop being so cheep, and spend the extra 25 bucks to check your over sized bag, so our flight can be on time!
- People who abuse the "passengers travelling with young children may board now" rule. Let me just say this, if your child is old enough to be carrying on your extra giant carry on, then get back in the regular line! Also, travelling with your teenagers does not entitle you to board first, skip lines at security or get any other perks at all!
- People who insist on talking to me on the plane. Do I have headphones in? Are my eyes closed? If you can answer yes to either of this questions, close your mouth and leave me aloooone!
- People who ask me for the window seat. Look, I preselected this window seat when I booked my ticket. In some cases I probably even paid money for this window seat. No I will not trade for you middle/aisle. Now notice I have headphones in and refer to rule 4!
- People who drink tomato juice/clamato/ceasars on airplanes. Thank you. Thank you sooo much for choosing the smelliest possible beverage from the cart. Why do they even offer this stuff!
Well there's a rant and a half for you all. What/who do you hate most about travelling?
Airplane safety photos come to you via safety mania.