- I'm Sara (most common name ever or what? fortunately I try to be as uncommon as they come).
- I'm 24 (prime of my life you might say).
- I live in Calgary, Alberta...but hail originally from Ontario (that's Canada people).
- I am about a year into my PhD studies in biochemistry with a focus of cardiovascular smooth muscle (oooh yeah).
- And I run this blog titled: My life out of a lab coat.
- Also another blog titled : My life in a lab coat. Which features my adventures in education, opinions on science, success, academia, graduate school and a whole lot more.
What will you find here you might ask?
- Well mainly I blog about just about anything that tickles my fancy.
- My adventures as a newbie runner.
- My experimentation in my tiny apartment kitchen.
- You'll see alot of shopping I want to do, and some that I actually do.
- You'll notice I have a tiny addition to Lulu stuff (they don't pay me to say that...I wish they did).
- You'll get snippets of the travelling I like to do to escape from the lab, and this city.
- You'll find I really do love Calgary, and posts about all the many things to do here.
- A huge girl crush on Jenna Marbles.
- A tiny bit of science....and a whole lots of posts written when I should have been reading papers
- The occasional paid post, but don't worry I'll let you know which are which when they happen!
What you won't find here you might ask?
- Posts featuring copious pictures of pets (don't have any...just some fish that despite my inattention seem to be thriving).
- Daily outfit posts....as if you really care what I wear on a daily basis.
- Posts featuring babies/toddlers...don't have any yet, don't care enough about other people's kids.
- Politics (eeeeeewwwwwwww).
- Religion (no fun at all).
- Look how cute I am with my boyfriend (who incidentally doesn't come out and take pictures for me).
Chilling near Old Goat Glacier in K Country Alberta.... after 2ish hours of hiking and a 700m elevation gain.